Fabric and Pattern Review!






Ponte de Roma Knit Solid Light Green Review
This ponte de roma double knit fabric is perfect for creating skirts, dresses, structured tops, heavier T-shirts, jackets, pants and more! It has a soft hand, full bodied drape and 25% four way stretch across the grain.

  • Contents 50% Polyester/45% Rayon/5% Lycra
  • Fabric Weight Medium Weight   Width 60''




  • Sorry, My camera doesn't help with the color much.



     The Front view of the fabric has a Egyptian cotton look to it, you know the way 600 luxury sheets look. Here a example picture of the sheets I'm comparing the texture too. 





    Inside the fabric
     Example #1
     it's sort of a plush made from or covered with a soft thick cloth similar to velvet.


    Example #2


    Overall I give the fabric a top (5) for winter sweater weather.
    with 2 yards I was able to make two dresses one to give to a friend and the other to keep for myself although I could've made a cute sweater (evil bunny face).

     Pattern Description: 
    Pullover, close-fitting, lined or unlined dress that has a draped side and narrow hem.
    Pattern Sizing:
    I choose to cut the size 6
    Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
    Well I opt to sew the draped sides and just sew the lining, But YEA!! It look just like the picture as i imagined. 

    Were the instructions easy to follow?
    Yea the pattern only take to sew the side, shoulders and hem. If you wanted to extend your learning this would be a great base piece.

    I particularly liked about this pattern that I can used it for everyday wear. Having something as simple as this pattern handed complements my skills as a seamstress. If someone ever wanted something customer to this scale I would be two steps ahead.
    I Would recommend it to others most Def.

    Conclusion: 
    Sometimes simple is best!






    Comments

    Popular Posts